The Treaty establishing the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) signed in Paris on 18 April 1951, set up a number of institutions to carry out its activities: a High Authority, assisted by a Consultative Committee; a Common Assembly; a Special Council of Ministers; a Court of Justice. After the signing of the ECSC Treaty, an interim committee instructed to submit proposals concerning seats of the institutions, was unable to reach agreement. Many cities were suggested, such as Liège, Strasbourg, Turin or Saarbrücken. To break the deadlock in the negotiations, during the night of 24 to 25 July 1952 the Luxembourg Foreign Minister, Joseph Bech, made the proposal that the ECSC High Authority be provisionally located in Luxembourg. ‘Provisional’ became ‘definitive’, and the seat of the High Authority remained in Luxembourg until the Merger Treaty combined the executive bodies in 1965. On 10 August 1952, with the inaugural session of the High Authority, Luxembourg was the place where it all began. During our lecture at the Maison Robert Schuman, birthplace of Robert Schuman, one of the founding fathers of the European Union, we will present the country’s role in the European integration process during the 1950’s. The workshop is dedicated to discuss the different narratives on Europe’s history from a non-European perspective. The fieldtrip goes from the Maison Robert Schuman in Clausen to the Court of Justice of the European Union, which constitutes the judicial authority of the EU and, in cooperation with the courts and tribunals of the Member States, ensures the uniform application and interpretation of EU law.