Applicants are expected to pursue their own research. However applicants whose interests relate to the research priorities of the C²DH will be preferred. Fellowship holders are assigned to a research department and asked to present their current project in a seminar or colloquium.
The fellowships carry a monthly grant of 1.500 €. Upon request a student accommodation can be covered as well. The fellowships ideally have a duration of 3 months. The funding is supposed to cover all expenses including travel and insurance. Fellows are expected to reside in Luxembourg or the Greater Region.
In 2019, the centre welcomed the following fellowship holders:
- Martin Kohlrausch, University of Leuven
- Milan Mikolaj Van Lange, NIOD
- Betto Van Waarden, KU Leuven
- Olivier Le Deuff, Université de Bordeaux Montaigne
- Nadezhda Povroznik, Perm State National Research University (Russia)
- Laura Fahnenbruck, Universiteit Leiden