The Summer School is looking for PhD candidates as well as early career scholars (Postdocs) who work on the history of European integration and use oral sources in their research. The programme will tackle the main stages in the production and management of oral sources through a set of workshops and round-table discussions with experts. The Summer School will be enriched by hand-on activities, in which participants will test the discussed tools and methods. In addition, participants will visit the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg City.
The main topics to be discussed are:
- Co-production: How to conduct interviews, methodologies (questionnaires, etc.), technical aspects (sound and video recording), ethics, memory and remembrance.
- Curation: Data management and indexation, transcription (from oral to written record), software, uses of audio-visual material, digitization and digitalization.
- Analysis: How to integrate digital oral sources in an academic discourse, legal aspects (authorship and copyright) and data treatment.
- Archiving: Individual collections and historical archives.
- Sharing: Communication, exhibitions, websites, museums, media and public history projects.
The working language will be English. Applications must be composed of a short bio and a 300-word abstract of the research topic in which candidates explain the use of oral sources in their research. They should be sent on PDF to email@example.com. Deadline for the submission of applications is 31 January 2020. Large parts of the costs for accommodation and travelling will be sponsored by the organisers. Participants must bring their own computers: The organizers will supply the necessary software and on-line storage.
Dates: 22-26 June 2020
Venue: Maison Robert Schuman, Luxembourg-City
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2020
Notification of acceptance: 1 March 2020
Contact and Practical Organisation
In cooperation with